How can a children’s centre help you?
- Preparing for the birth of your baby
- Emotional support
- Child development – behaviour management, introduction to solid food, toilet training and sleep
- Transition to school
- Parenting courses and advice
- Home safety information
- Budgeting, benefits, training, childcare and links with Jobcentre Plus
You are the expert on your child and are your child’s first educator.
Working together we can enhance your child’s development and early experiences.
We do this by:
- Supporting and empowering individual families to help their child get the best start in life
- Providing stimulating play sessions in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework to enhance your child’s learning and development
- Provide home learning opportunities, Take and Make and bags of support
- Provide a sensory environment for young babies, or for children with additional needs
- Visit families at home and develop an action plan of support
- Help families enjoy their community
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Work in partnership with other agencies, including parents and community groups
- Volunteering opportunities for parents